1. Devise one personal competition phase training strategy for a three-session microcycle. The strategy should optimise performance based on the fitness demands of Australian football in your chosen position (forward, midfielder or defender). Specifically, the training strategy should optimise the performance of one identified movement strategy from the creating, defending and exploiting space principle of play.
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of the devised training strategy on your personal fitness for Australian football in the selected position.
3. Evaluate your personal performance in authentic Australian football performance environments with reference to specialised movement sequences and two movement strategies in your chosen position.
1. The Conversation - "Fitness" topic - https://theconversation.com/au/topics/fitness-2121
The Conversation Australia and New Zealand is a unique collaboration between academics and journalists that in just 10 years has become the world’s leading publisher of research-based news and analysis.
2. Time Magazine article - "The New Science of Exercise" - https://time.com/4475628/the-new-science-of-exercise/
Article by Mandy Oaklander on the background to the evolving discipline of exercise science.
3. ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. It is a place for researchers to share their publications and is open access (freely available). If you sign in, you can search for researchers who publish in the area you are working in.
4. Sports Performance Bulletin - https://www.sportsperformancebulletin.com/
Sports Performance Bulletin helps dedicated endurance athletes improve their performance. Sense-checking the latest sports science research, and sourcing evidence and case studies to support findings, Sports Performance Bulletin turns proven insights into easily digestible practical advice.